About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trying to make sense of the senseless.

Over the weekend and at the cow project at St. Vincent Church, I noticed a pair of dentures in the hallway that leads from the congregation hall to the apartments where many of the pastors and nuns live. I asked about the dentures and was told they've been there for a few weeks. Surely, someone would see a man or woman of the cloth without their teeth and be able to say, "Oh, I know where your teeth are...they're in the hallway by the garage."

Random.

Then, at the gym yesterday, when all the treadmills were taken, I went into the movie theater to do an elliptical. Someone had put on American Pie 2 ... a frat boy satire of oversexed college life. I started to watch it, but then realized the other people in the room were women (some large, some old, some pregnant) and I found the whole experience rather strange. I'm sweating, have my iPod on, and able to hear all these women laughing at the buffoonery of the film. At one point, an employe brought a tour through the room that included a mother and several teenage girls. I thought to myself, "How are they seeing this room full of fools watching this boob-fest as they work out?"

Random. The events seem odd and I'm trying to make sense of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment