About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Question



Is this man:

(a) Santa Claus studying the manufacturing of toys
(b) God
(c) George Hillocks, who studies the teaching of writing in secondary schools
(d) none of the above.

If your experience has served you correctly, choosing (c) would be correct. I finished another article by Hillocks late last night and totally cherish his thinking, knowledge and contributions to the world of education. He is a sage. On a night when I'm droopy-eyed, defeatist, and plain exhausted, reading him gives me hope.

It is absolutely amazing what we do to students in schools. Sadly, they'll probably turn around and do it with their children, too.
Ah, but the possibilities are endless for a better system. That, however, has not been created...

yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment