About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Karen's Karma - Not a foolish post (sorry)

For Christmas, Karen painted a mailbox for my parents so they would have an original piece of artwork at the end of the driveway. I took a photograph of it several months ago, but noticed my dad had installed it now that the weather has turned. I decided it is time for a post.

I like to think of this as a karmic gesture not only for my parents (any piece of art work is a gift, in my opinion, especially because it is created by the hands of someone important), but also for the mail people. I'm sure they go through their paper-load routine and notice any slight change along the route, like this original mailbox that is truly unique.

There are some who drive around neighborhoods and smash mailboxes with a baseball bats. Others drive around in an adolescent stupor and accidentally run over mailboxes (like my friend Carrie did to ours in high school). Then there are the Karen's of the world that see the potential for making our streets a little more colorful and special.

I prefer the Karens.

No comments:

Post a Comment