About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Hall of Freedom

Although it may be unpopular for a Syracuse posting, I felt it was the karmic right for the CARDS to win yesterday at Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky. The memories that facility has for so many Louisvillian fans is irreplaceable. I remember visiting games as a sixth grader, and I have even more with my Aunt and Uncle, Jimmy Brandenburg, Keef, Deshawn, Ron, and Janet.

I think I was most moved yesterday by Rick Pitino's mock-coat wearing Denny Crum impersonation. That was the last way a game in Freedom Hall needed to be played. Yes, Syracuse was ranked #1, but the magic that occurred in Kentucky yesterday was bigger than any team's seed. It was, after all, about solidifying history at the Fairgrounds and saying good-bye to a home that was so welcoming for many years. Go CARDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment