About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Angelo's Work

The Syracuse Post Standard did a story on several of the local Sudanese men doing international work between Syracuse and the Sudan, including Angelo Kiir who has worked with us on the Syracuse Lost Boy Cow Project.

Each man from the Sudan, like each refugee from many nations, arrives with hope to make a difference for their family and home. These are men who work two to three jobs, sleep little, and organize much. In some ways, it is a 21st Century story of Robin Hood's efforts. Bringing water, schools, and medical facilities to the Sudan after years of war is what most of the men I work with stand for. Their hard work brings good to so many and serves as an inspiration for me each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment