About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Milford Street

I drove with my parents to meet Pat Lemery for her 90th birthday and to reunite with her son, Jack, and his wife Cindy. On the way, we drove through Hamilton and stopped by my grandparent's old house on Milford Street. To our surprise, we learned it is now a Holcombe Bread & Breakfast, repainted and refurbished for out-of-town guests. It is a piece of my mother's history, my family's history, and now new history in the village. The evidence sits on this website as karmic evidence that you just never know what changes will arrive in this world. I told my mom and dad they should stay there for reunions, but mom said it would be strange. I understand this. But more importantly, I hope my grandmother's spirit brings a bit of her zest to every guest who stays there for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment