About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Whatever will be, will be.

The twins from Liberia spent most of yesterday at my house working on my computer, watching the SU game, talking, eating pizza and watching movies. At night, however, they called a friend and found a web page with a documentary on General Naked Butt, a war lord during the Liberian war in the early 1990s. As we watched the documentary, we wanted to turn it off - it was a bit too raw, but we watched it all. General Naked Butt, who killed, raped and ate human flesh during the war, is now a man of the cloth preaching the gospel. The film showed a lot of poverty and human conditions that we, in America, might find very difficult to comprehend.

I took the day as a karmic wake up call, and let the kids guide me through what their interests were. This online documentary blew me away (email me if you'd like me to send you a link...it is 57 minutes of harsh, brutal truth). The boys, however, showed me recent photos of their country and said the new government is making great changes for the people.

And General Naked Butt has changed his life. He wants goodness for the world in the ways he once knew evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment