About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

KMart Karma














I needed deoderant and dog biscuits so I stopped at KMart in Mattydale to make a quick purchase and to be on my way. This is the store my family frequented a lot while growing up and one where my sisters grew aggravated because of our 80s fashion and the affordability of their blue light specials. Entering the store today, I felt I was taken into a time warp and brought back to 1987.

Nothing had changed: layout, clothing, hairstyles of people shopping there, and bargains. I remembered how much I enjoyed being treated to an Icee while there and how every trip was made worthwhile so I could get a sugar buzz and red tongue.

Fast forward to the 21st century and I entered a karmic time warp. Everything I hold dear to my KMart memories has remained frozen in time at the store in Mattydale. I know now, whenever I need to revisit my past, all I need to do is go shopping at the store of my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment