About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Hibernal Music

At the bus stop yesterday morning, I heard a sound that has been missing for the last few months. Then, out of nowhere, the sun actually peaked through the winter clouds. It was just a tease, of course, but it added a fresh sense to the day. We often kid in Syracuse that if it hits 32 degrees it's time for shorts.

It got me to thinking about the smaller noises in life, and how goodness arrives when we hear sounds that aren't a central part of our everyday. Most of the time we don't hear them because we're too busy to listen: coffee brewing in the a.m., giggles of little kids playing with their toys, a loved one singing in the shower, the deep breathing of a sleeping dog and even the celebration of hope birds offer when they dust off the snow from their wintering feathers.

It's nature's karma, I believe. Maybe not. But it sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment