About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

When Karma is Dark

I spent the majority of my Monday working on making academic progress with my research. At 6:30, however, I turned on the nightly news and watched a report of a woman who was found alive under the rubble and destruction caused by the recent earthquake in Haiti. The report - merely two minutes - recalled the three hours it took to uncover this woman as her husband stood by scratching at the rocks. My claustrophobia and concern for humanity were trapped and I had a moment of panic. What would I do in a similar situation?

I know many have explored why bad things happen to good people and there has always been a larger search for meaning. Yet, I'm confused. How does karma work in situations like this? Why this destruction now and for what reasons? For this I have no answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment