About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Stupendous Karma of Louisville






This fall, a wonderful mentor of mine took a position at the University of Louisville. I received email from her to learn two of my teaching mentors in Kentucky, Sue & Dee, contacted her and took her to my favorite restaurant in Louisville - The Vietnam Kitchen.

Nisha (pictured right) told me she was introduced to Valu-Market and I had to laugh. Since reading OUTCASTS UNITED by Warren St. John and his depiction of super-diversity in Georgia, I've been trying to remember the name of the grocery store that serves many of the refugees arriving to the south-side of Louisville, where Vietnam Kitchen resides. As if it was kismet, she reminded me of the store - one that serves a diverse demographic like St. John described in his book. Good karma, indeed!

I am thankful for the fusion of Syracuse/Louisville friends and if I live a good life, perhaps I will one day return to Vietnam Kitchen for an A4!

No comments:

Post a Comment