About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Revisiting Last Summer - A Karmic Event

Last August, my colleague at the Say Yes program had one goal that she worked on relentlessly. Being student directed and focused on what they wanted from the summer camp, she asked them to make lists. One young man requested, "I want a helicopter to land at our school."

Well, she made this happen. Through collaboration, calling, air traffic controlling, working with the community, and keeping it a secret from students, a police helicopter landed in the field of the school and all kids were able to sit in it.

The kids were excited and the fact she pulled this off is a moment I'll never forget. Amidst stress, heat, supervision, and keeping control of the schedule, she successfully made a child's dream come true.

That's what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment