About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

You can't make this up


I came home for lunch yesterday and did my five mile run midday. On the trail, a man taking a break from his office job caught up to me and we ran most of the time together. He had a faster clip and pushed me to move faster. We talked about research and the work I'm doing in Syracuse.

I turned down a different road than him, and when I did, a car tossed a box at me. It was a Nike box and I thought, "What the heck?" It opened in front of me and it was a brand new pair of ASICS sneakers without shoe laces and they were in my size. They were soaking wet. I picked them up and ran home. Because they are ASICS and run narrow, they pinched my toes, so I brought them to one of the kids I'm working with and told him, "This is the way karma works. I'm giving these to you. It's your duty to begin running. They are good sneakers."

The whole occurrence is simply strange, yet beautiful. I mean, how does a random pair of new running shoes fall from the sky?

No comments:

Post a Comment