About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

something to write "karma" with


And the day began at 7:30 a.m. and ended at 9 p.m. yesterday. My research continues and I am in constant awe of being embraced by teachers, students, learners, their communities, and the worlds that are being written by them.

Last night, one of the young men who has been selflessly sharing a life story with me said, "I have a gift for you, Mr. Bryan." He pulled out a pen set with the school's name and "athletics" on them. "This is a gift for you." They were given to him for his participation in team sports.

I know this may sound corny, but it felt like the moment when Charlie handed back the everlasting gobstopper to Willie Wonka. "These are for you, for helping me become a better writer."

"So shines a good deed in a weary world."

No comments:

Post a Comment