About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

American Flags made in China

For the second year in a row I attended the Cicero parade to support my niece marching with her school's band. Again, this year, politicians handed out plastic American flags made in China, but they went the extra mile to be extra tacky - they took a blue marker and cross off all the "Made in China" markings.

Mike, Dylan and Sean were able to put smiles on the kids' faces as they walked down Rt. 11. Of course, Sean-man looks like he is already giving birth to his beach ball. The look worked because all the girls laughed as they marched by - that was the karmic goal.

Although it rained hard in the morning, we were able to get a decent day for supporting the parade. I was also impressed by all the candy that was tossed to enthusiast, despite the newspaper articles claiming such action should be banned. No free candy? What?




No comments:

Post a Comment