About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

There's a "Corp" to Every Story

Those of you have followed my three-years worth of blogs know I often make comments about NPR shows and I'm a fan of downloading free programs for my IPod. One of the programs, Story Corp, travels the country and places booths where people can come and interview their friends or family about amazing stories. Sound engineers work with the stories and edit them for a weekly program on the public broadcast.

Today, I had a conversation about possibly bringing the booths to Central New York and what this might mean for teachers and students. If you were to interview one person about an event from their life, who would it be and why?

What I love about these stories are they are not about the rich, ridiculous and famous people, but about individuals who live next door or down the street. We shall see what we can do about having a chance for CNY stories (and I will keep you posted about whether or not such karma might come this way).

No comments:

Post a Comment