About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Have a Little Faith

For my birthday, Rhiannon loaned me a copy of Mitch Albom's Have a Little Faith. I have readTuesdays with Morrie and The Five People You Meet in Heaven, and like them, this book didn't fail. I read about "faith" while riding a school bus to and from Rochester, in a gymnasium, and finally at home while lying on my couch before bed.

In the book, Albom quotes being told that a newborn arrives to life with a clenched fist,
trying to grasp life and to contain all it has to hold. An elderly person, however, leaves the earth with open hands, knowing that none of his or her life can be taken with them.

The last line of the book is, "I am in love with hope."

This gift of a loaned text is such hope, which as Irish Poet, Brendan Kennelly scripted, is a part of the world's oldest trilogy. I love/ to believe/ in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment