About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can chemicals be karmic?

Yesterday was a marathon day. I knew I'd put in 18 hours of work, and it about killed me when at 4 a.m. I woke up with squirrels blowing air into my ears, nose and eyeballs with invisible straws. My sinuses were freaking out.

I took a hot shower which allowed me a little clarity and managed to get through a day when it returned. Driving home from my work, I thought I was going to die. I pulled into a Sam's Club and, very unlike me, purchased the only Sinus product they had (the cost of a week's groceries). It was an expensive box of Sinus Tylenol and I opened the package in the store and took two immediately. About a half hour later I could feel the chemicals working.

If you've never experienced the sinus pressure I'm talking about, then I worship you for such luck. It is awful and blinding. In fact, it was so severe, I thought I might puke then pass out.

But all is good now. My head cleared and I was able to get work done late into the evening. Someday I will understand the reasons for sinuses. I've tried, but I've failed. In the meantime, I have a box to save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment