About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Moose and Syracuse

One of the father's of a goalie, Matt, whose son, Dan, keeps for CNS, is known as a phenomenal supporter and believer in all the athletes in the CNY area. I met Matt during many winter practices in a soccer arena while some of the young kids I've been working with played with his son. He was great company during the cold practices and talked passionately about his desire to see these kids achieve great things.

Yesterday, I attended a benefit for Matt at the Moose Lodge on the west side of Syracuse. Matt has brain cancer and the day was designed to raise funds for his treatment and future. The place was packed with hundreds of people - many of them young athletes showing Matt and his son that they care about all he's given them. It was a beautiful event and inspirational.

During times like this, I see such possibility in what we are able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment