About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

going out of style

When I was an undergraduate in college, I drooled over hippie kids who owned a pair of Birkenstocks and always promised myself that one day when I made money, I would get a pair. My goal was to spend a lot of money for German sandals so I could be cool, trendy, hip, and in the crowd of bohemian vagabonds who wore Jesus shoes.


Fast forward fifteen years. Look at my niece's toes and then hear her laughing at me today when I wore my German Birkestocks in public. She said, "Like, are you wearing them in public. I'm so embarrassed. Those, like, totally are stupid shoes to wear with, like, that outfit. I'm so embarrassed. I don't want to be seen, like, with you, EVER!"

Um, is this how karma works? I worked hard to buy sandals so I could be popular and, like, now I'm not and youth totally laugh at my footwear. What happened? I thought these were cool. They've molded to my feet and this flip-flop, silly band wearin' generation of mall rats mock me? What is this world coming to?

No comments:

Post a Comment