About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Monday, July 12, 2010

And still I learn

I attended the 15th Anniversary of the Srebrenica Genocide last night at the Syracuse Palace where producer Mike Cauchon offered a documentary on survivors of the Bosnian conflict in western Europe and eastern Asia. In 1995, 8,000 muslims were murdered as a result of their religious beliefs and reminded the world that hatred, as modeled by Nazi Germany, could be forgotten and recreated. The speakers, musicians, survivors and new Americans brought their history to Syracuse and Utica, New York, where they've resettled to create a life for themselves. Here, they discussed, opportunities are ubiquitous.

From the cup of sorrow, the thirst of hope is quenched. That is the karma that was modeled last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment