About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Monday, May 24, 2010

World Cup

I was leaving the office at SU when I got a phone call from the Liberian twins who wanted a ride to a soccer field. It was on the way to my house so I said, 'sure.' I learned that there was a pick up game between Liberian and Sudanese players. When I dropped them off, several of the Sudanese men jumped on my car wondering what I was doing there. I explained I was dropping of the twins and they laughed. The game was to be all the Sudanese men against all the Liberian teenagers. Actually, two of the kids I worked with last year and who are in college now were also there.

I didn't stay for the game, but I did laugh at how small Syracuse is. The World Cup is less than a month away and with one little drop-off, I found almost all the guys I've been working with gathered for a match - at least the Liberian twins and the Sudanese men. It's a funny little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment