About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Friday, May 21, 2010

the KFC/BRC connection


I dropped the dog off at the Baby-sitters, a.k.a. the folks, and was treated to KFC in the exchange. I picked it up and at the restaurant, and I visited with a woman named TOYA who is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. She totally distracts you from the fact that you are getting the world's greasiest chicken and are about to take in four times the number of calories that you should. She has a great smile and she made my night. (I am thinking a letter is in order, but I don't have the time right now).

It is rare to be treated kindly as a customer anymore.

It's corny, but I really appreciated Toya's friendliness and genuine enthusiasm for scooping powdered mashed potatoes into my non-environmental tray. She winked at me, too, and said, "I scooped a little extra cole-slaw for you, kid."

My Friday post is for Toya, who will never read this. I hope great joy finds its way back to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment