About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

um, Karma

I'm not sure who started the inquiry, but several years ago there was a discussion around me regarding why it is that men have nipples. I'm being scientific here and this is not meant to be a perverse post. There is a book on the topic if you want to Google it, but the story goes that all men and women develop as women first, but then men continue developing in one direction and women in another. The nipple is a natural part of the body, and it is not uncommon for some men to have the ability to lactate. You can Google that, too.

Now, I've been engaged in this discussion on a number of occasions, but today in a professional meeting, a group of men started to hold this talk. Knowing what I know, I instantly jumped up and almost began my history with this particular discussion. I had insightful information. Yet, my colleagues gave me a look that said, "Don't go there, Bryan. Please don't go there," and I didn't. Having to censor myself, especially my wit, causes me to short circuit sometimes.

The karma is that I can try to move forward in my life without having conversations on why men have nipples, but the truth is that the conversation will follow me wherever I am. Karma likes to haunt my sense of humor and challenge any professional role I try to take on.

PS: Cynde, Pepperoni is a nickname. Males have chest pepperonis.

No comments:

Post a Comment