About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Follow up to Betty White

Ruth Stone from Neil Astley on Vimeo.


I studied with Ruth Stone as an undergraduate. She's now 93 and the summer I spent in Vermont I reunited our friendship. She was there the same summer that My great Aunt Rena passed away in Rutland. Ruth was central to my experience at Binghamton University and I channeled her karma yesterday when I was working with student writers, some of who were in great need of grandmotherly advice.

This clip is long. I wanted to post it so I knew where it was.

Ruth radiated strength and often rebelled at the conventions that were placed before her. She wanted her students to be strong, to define their own worlds and not to conform to the pressures of societal expectations. She simply wanted everyone to be as free as they could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment