About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Circle


Yesterday, while coding data, I listened to VH1's countdown of greatest 80s music. Although I wouldn't claim it a the best decade of music, the videos did remind me of the history of my youth and I have to admit that a lot of music went through my ears at this time and despite the big hair and tight pants, it was a peppy time to grow up. A few classics were created with one-hit wonders and seeing where such musicians were now made me smile. The VH1 show was wonderful.

They featured Edie Brickell and "What I am" and I was reminded of "Circle" from the same album, and how the New Bohemiams helped me to shoot rubberbands at the moon. That cassette was central to my late adolescence and I wouldn't be me without it, including this song that I've listened to over and over and over again. For me, this was the song of my graduation and early college years. So much time has passed and whenever I hear the music again, the karma of youth rushes back into me. This makes me smile and for this, I say, thank God for music.

No comments:

Post a Comment