About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Be Free, Mr. C


This is simply to post my regard to Tom Bosley who passed away yesterday and made me think about his success and a show that was central to my American landscape. America was different then, and the good, safe values of the 50s were definitely represented in his role as a father to Joanie and Richie. They represented a nuclear core that seems a lot more foreign in 2010.

As I listen to the theme song again, I'm reminded to the bop of my childhood and how this song seemed to play every day on at least one television in my home, but I also think about how naive our country was at that time about global issues and diversity. There's safety when one chooses to ignore "the rest of the world" and country.

R.I.P. Tom Bosley. I hope you parent in the afterlife from above to bring more sense to us below.

No comments:

Post a Comment