About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Caveman


For the last few years, I often channel Captain Caveman when I do workshops as a way to make a point that before we had an alphabet, individuals used art and pantomime to communicate their ideas. I usually ask someone in a group to get others to guess at an item I write on a card: "Hurry, Quick! In the Hallway. There's a big woolly mammoth! Food! Let's eat."

In a few minutes, individuals usually guess at the improvisation. I then can move to cave drawings, hieroglyphics, and the politics of language in the 21st century and how some forms of communication are held as superior to others (at least at the University).

Why am I posting it? Because the karma of hearing "Captain Caveman" sing in my ears all day made me wonder if someone posted it on YouTube. They have.

No comments:

Post a Comment