About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

When underdogs stay under.


Year two of witnessing the CNS vs. Nottingham Bulldogs soccer match. Last year was a bit more fun with an unexpected tie. This year, my brother-in-law and I wondered about a lot of things - the match up wasn't as even (at least the way the Bulldogs played).

Even so, I watched the game in awe knowing that so many of the kids I've worked with over the last two years were out on the field as Varsity leaders. They had moments of brilliance (and Bior saved more goals in tremendous ways than he allowed in - those goals were the fault of his defenders who didn't block the Northstars from shooting), but in the end, they went scoreless, 4 - 0.

But on a good note, Pavone's Pizza, baby!!! (Note: the above photo is from their triumphant summer league championship...definitely not from last night's game).

No comments:

Post a Comment