About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Waxwings and Butterflies

The end-of-the-summer season has brought a plethora of Monarch butterflies through the area heading to Mexico for the winter. Actually, I have come across a few of them stranded on the highways of life with clipped wings caused by windshields and bumpers. One, stroked-out victim was struggling on the side of the road and I thought, hmmm, I wonder if this little guy needs mouth to mouth resuscitation. Then I thought about how funny this would look to a person driving by...this man blowing a butterfly into the wind out of the palm of his hand. It made for a comic thought, if only for a moment.

Then, last night in Manlius, the sojourning Cedar Waxwings made a stop at the Swan pond. They aren't as brilliantly colored at this time of the year, but they are still as magical as ever.

Karma is the return of the cycle and knowledge that summer (and its supposed vacation) is very short lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment