About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Karma is never learning a lesson

Every year I get pumped to go to the New York State Fair and every year, after an hour of sitting in dead traffic, I regret going. Last night, however, the crowds to see Rhianna and Styx far exceeded any Fair crowd in my memory.

In short, I wanted someone to place a gun to my head. It was so bad, I didn't even get fried dough.

You would think one would learn this lesson year after year, but the truth is the ritual is part of CNY's karma and it has to be experienced every year. Whereas I haven't had a vacation in four years, the State Fair is my one big splurge: a total of $5 to park, $10 to get in, and usually, USUALLY, $5 for fried dough. This year I saved money and left hungry and sad for the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment