About This Blog

For the next 365 days, I am focusing on KARMA as my resolution to 2010. I'm open for stories, ideas and kismet. EMAIL ME.

Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm okay.


My pops came over in the afternoon, yesterday, with his lumberjack tools. We went to work splitting logs for the winter.

See, it's August, high humidity, and there's nothing better to get done than to think far ahead to the winter months. The cicadas are buzzing, the wasps are flying, and the Black Eyed Susans are in full bloom, welcoming the traveling Monarchs, but just around the corner are the 8 months of Central New York winter. One can never have enough wood chopped and ready to put in the stove.

I never knew how therapeutic and fun it is to split wood. It may be taxing on the muscles, but it feels awesome on the body. I love doing the physical stuff as an alternative to all the mind crap I've chosen for a career. I am thinking, in fact, that I may split more wood tomorrow. Like Aesop's grasshopper and the ants, it is always good to think ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment